This app supports planning and analysis of a training session in the simplest manner.
The recognized indicator for the physical strain which is used is the heart rate (pulse). This is determined by means of a cardio chest strap, and is then communicated to the app via Bluetooth 4.0 LE. The app analyzes the pulse data and calculates the average, maximum, minimum and differential values of the current training session. In addition, the GPS distances* and GPS speed* are also calculated. After completion of the training session, the entire training process can be analyzed in detail and, based on the results, the next training session can be planned and stored as a training plan. An external analysis of the data is possible via the data export function.
That way, it is possible to establish a closed loop between planning, execution and analysis.
The app includes the following features:
- Analysis diagram differential pulse analysis – 0 to 0.3 pulse beats per second -> steady training process
- Analysis diagram pulse over time
- Analysis diagram pulse limit exceeded
- Creation of a timer-based training plan – duration of a partial session, min. and max. heart rate
- Execution of the training plan, with storage of the following values:
Average GPS speed
- Min./max. alarm parameters for heart rate
- Vibration and audio signal for violation of the heart rate frequency limit
- Vibration and audio signal for re-entering the target heart rate frequency range
- Current heart rate, average and max./min heart rate
- Times of optimum heart rate and times when heart rate limit was violated
- GPS distance*, GPS speed*, and average GPS speed*
Android 4.3+ Phone with Bluetooth 4.x LE (SMART)
- Nexus 5 + Polar H7 (Android 5)
- Nexus 5 + BeetsBlu Bluetooth SMART
- Nexus 5 + Arendo chest strap BeetsBlu Bluetooth SMART
- Nexus 5 + Tchibo chest strap Bluetooth SMART
- LG G-Pad + BeetsBlu Bluetooth SMART
- LG G-Pad + Tchibo chest belt Bluetooth SMART
- Samsung Note II + Kitkat 4.4.2 + Polar H7
- Samsung Note II + Kitkat 4.4.2 + BeetsBlu Bluetooth SMART
- Samsung Note II + Kitkat 4.4.2 + Tchibo chest strap Bluetooth SMART
* GPS data are subject to certain variations, depending on meteorological conditions, location and environment.
Due to this, significant deviations are possible. The best measurements showed a deviation from the actual distance and speed of 1%. Normally, deviations between 1% and 5% can be expected. If the signal is subjected to severe interferences by external sources, then the deviation may be as large as 10% or more. Athlete Grip can only partially correct these systematical and environmental deviations.
|Heart Rate and Pulse Monitor|