The app WÖRTER SCHREIBEN 1 MIT ZEBRA is part of the German textbook ZEBRA by Ernst Klett Verlag and is
conceptually based on it. But it can also be used independently of the textbook. It offers a learning plan with five
chapters. These chapters illustrate the first stages of learning the written language.
In each chapter there are different squares, each of which is assigned a task type with four tasks. These tasks change with each new game of the app, so practicing doesn't get boring even with multiple games.
The following contents are included:
- Squares 1 and 2: Swinging syllables
At the beginning two films can be watched. In the first movie, children can use the ”Initial-Sound-Rap” to familiarize themselves with the Zebra initial-sound-summary. The second movie shows how the child works with the initial-sound-summary and how they learn to write words step by step.
Behind the third square are syllabic swinging exercises.
- Screen 2: Writing initial sounds
Here, the child must hear exactly which sound a word begins with and then touch the correct sound.
- Screen 3: Writing initial sounds of each syllable
There are different exercise possibilities here.
With the first two squares the child must hear exactly with which sound each syllable begins.
Then the child has to tap on the matching sounds on the initial-sound-summary.
With the lower squares, the syllables must first be swung and then the syllable sounds must be found on the writing table.
- Screen 4: Writing Kings of each syllable
There are different exercise possibilities.
With the first two squares, the child must hear exactly which kings are contained in the word, and then touch the matching sounds.
With the lower squares, the syllables must first be swung and then the kings written.
- Screen 5: Writing words
Here words are swung and then written with the help of the initial-sound-summary. Wrong spellings are corrected.
The following features are included:
- Videos explain the basics in a child-friendly way
- Incorrect entries are corrected, after the third one the correct solution is displayed automatically.
- many exercise types in two levels
- Clear arrangement of exercises on a learning path
- self-determined learning possible
- Motivation by collecting stars and trophies
- detailed evaluation for teachers and parents as a basis for promotion
- always accessible assistance
- no advertising and in-app purchases
We hope you and your child enjoy the exciting process of learning to write.
Your Zebra Team