Video Player for Android TV makes it possible to play video files with subtitles from USB storage.
1. plays video files in mp4/mov/mkv/avi/m4v/ts/m2ts file extensions.
2. supports hardware decoder, codecs support depending on device capabilities.
3. supports subtitle files in srt/ssa/ass formats.
4. text to speech narration for subtitle files.
5. 1x/1.5x/2.0x playback speed.
6. dual stacks subtitle display - display 2 subtitles at a time.
7. video thumbnails
1. TTS support despends on device capabilities, it may not be supported on all devices or all languages.
2. On each device, the supported video and audio codecs varies.
3. USB storage must be formatted in FAT32.
4. If your device (ex: fire stick first gen) doesn't support USB storage, you can't watch video on the USB storage but you can still watch video from internal memory.