Looking for an app to easily and safely store and use Bitcoin? This wallet has everything you need to get
started, whether you're new to cryptocurrency or an expert, we've got you covered. Our official wallet app is trusted by
nearly 5 million users in over 170 countries. Over $6B USD in cryptocurrency under protection.
Here’s a little taste of what our app does:
• Non-custodial wallet, you have full control of your private keys and your digital assets.
• No registration, web service or cloud needed.
• Display of Bitcoin amount in BTC, mBTC and µBTC and various currencies.
• No support for alt-coins or tokens or unnecessary features.
• Sending and receiving of Bitcoin via NFC, QR-codes or Bitcoin URLs.
• When you're offline, you can still pay via Bluetooth.
• System notification for received coins.
• Sweeping of paper wallets (e.g. from cold storage).
• App widget for Bitcoin balance.
• Safety: Supports SegWit and the new bech32 format.
• Privacy: Supports Tor via the separate Orbot app.
What is Bitcoin?
Bitcoin, often described as a cryptocurrency, a virtual currency or a digital currency - is a type of money that is completely virtual. It's like an online version of cash. You can use it to buy products and services, but not many shops accept Bitcoin yet and some countries have banned it altogether. The physical Bitcoins you see in photos are a novelty. They would be worthless without the private codes printed inside them.
How does Bitcoin work?
Each Bitcoin is basically a computer file which is stored in a 'digital wallet' app on a smartphone or computer. People can send Bitcoins (or part of one) to your digital wallet, and you can send Bitcoins to other people. Every single transaction is recorded in a public list called the blockchain. This makes it possible to trace the history of Bitcoins to stop people from spending coins they do not own, making copies or undo-ing transactions.
How do people get Bitcoins?
• You can buy Bitcoins using 'real' money.
• You can sell things and let people pay you with Bitcoins.
• Or they can be created using a miner.
How are new Bitcoins created?
In order for the Bitcoin system to work, people can make their computer process transactions for everybody. The computers are made to work out incredibly difficult sums. Occasionally they are rewarded with a Bitcoin for the owner to keep. People set up powerful computers just to try and get Bitcoins. This is called mining. But the sums are becoming more and more difficult to stop too many Bitcoins being generated. If you started mining now it could be years before you got a single Bitcoin. You could end up spending more money on electricity for your computer than the Bitcoin would be worth.
Why are Bitcoins valuable?
There are lots of things other than money which we consider valuable like gold and diamonds. The Aztecs used cocoa beans as money! Bitcoins are valuable because people are willing to exchange them for real goods and services, and even cash.
Why do people want Bitcoins?
Some people like the fact that Bitcoin is not controlled by the government or banks. People can also spend their Bitcoins fairly anonymously. Although all transactions are recorded, nobody would know which 'account number' was yours unless you told them.
Is it secure?
Every transaction is recorded publicly so it's very difficult to copy Bitcoins, make fake ones or spend ones you don't own. It is possible to lose your Bitcoin wallet or delete your Bitcoins and lose them forever. So make sure to backup your wallet at all times.
Зачем делать клон другого приложения, если есть официальный?
24 Сен 2020 г.