Think of the School Kit Squad as a secret network of teachers.
Operating for ten years, and made up largely of teachers that have used our kits in their classroom before, most members first discover us when they register to teach one of our free resource boxes.
We call our teacher network The School Kit Squad and together we share a common goal of seeking innovative, unconventional and challenging teaching experiences for our students.
Squad members are curious beings, hugely passionate about the business of teaching, we’re fascinated by how our students learn, we strive to be better teachers, we seek a space to share our experiences and successes. We’re mindful of the role our teaching plays in shaping how the next generation will respond to the challenges they face.
It’s not actually a secret network of course - we just don’t shout about it, we don’t seek the limelight, we just get on with it. Here, we’re having professional conversations and creating community, sharing teaching ideas and challenging ourselves to do things differently. We think that makes it some of the best professional development you can find.
At School Kit we make beautiful resources, made up of both physical and digital items, for NZ classrooms. Our kits result in powerful teaching and learning experiences for both teachers and their students.
You can use the School Kit app to:
1. Plan your teaching schedule by viewing our calendar of upcoming kits and reserving a place for your class.
2. Find other teachers in your year group, establish a private group for your team, chat with colleagues, propose solutions and share successes.
3. If you’ve registered for a kit then you’ll also be granted access to a private kit page within the network where you can:
- Download the kit teacher guide and review key teaching ideas and themes.
- Share learnings with other teachers teaching the same kit at the same time as you.
- Ask questions and seek clarity on any issue or problem you might be having.
- Resolve any practical issues you might be having with individual kit components.
- Access prompt support from a member of our School Kit Team to ensure your teaching experience is awesome.
Any classroom teacher can join The School Kit Squad and any NZ classroom teacher can register for our kits, which we’ll deliver directly to your classroom. Kits are free to NZ teachers on the understanding that you provide your professional opinion of the teaching and learning that results within an agreed timeframe.