Designed for musicians, Speedshifter is a practice tool that enables you to adjust the speed of any audio track without altering the pitch. It is perfect for musical, slow practice to a recorded accompaniment. Developed by ABRSM (the exam board of the Royal Schools of Music), it can be used with any compatible track in your music library* to help you learn new pieces.
Speedshifter can also be used to:
- listen closely to tricky pieces you’re finding particularly hard to learn by slowing them down
- focus on specific sections using the loop function
- transpose a track up or down in semitones to fit with a preferred key or range
- set a reference tempo (BPM) by tapping in time with a track
- store tapped BPM and loop points automatically (once you’ve registered)
- sync BPM and loop settings seamlessly across devices once you’ve downloaded the free desktop version (www.abrsm.org/speedshifter)
- sound a tuning note – simply shake for an A!
*Speedshifter supports playback of MP3, M4A, AIFF and WAV files stored directly on your device in the music library. It cannot play files downloaded or streamed via Apple Music, Spotify, Deezer, etc; or files stored online in iTunes Match.