To make your mobile banking simpler and easier than ever, ASB’s Mobile app is loaded with smart features. Whether
it’s quick access to balances, paying for that latest Trade Me purchase or temporarily locking your Visa card when
you’ve misplaced your wallet, ASB’s Mobile app has it all.
Great features include:
Opening and applying
• Open a transaction or savings account
• Apply for an ASB Personal Loan, or Home Loan
• Join or transfer to the ASB KiwiSaver Scheme
• View upcoming bill and automatic payments
• Create, edit and delete automatic payments
• Create and delete future dated one off payments (bill payments)
• Pay for online purchases at participating merchants
• Pay to an account, saved person or company, email, mobile number or Trade Me won Items
• Manage payees
• Apple Pay
• Transfer money directly to your ASB KiwiSaver Scheme or ASB Investment fund
• Apply for an ASB Visa credit card or Visa debit card
• Change your credit card type
• Apply for a credit card balance transfer
• Manage your cards including loading your card PIN, temporarily lock your card if you lose it, turn off ATM withdrawals and set spending limits
• Cancel or replace your Visa credit card
Personalise your app
• Switch between a light or dark appearance for your app
• Rename your accounts
• Choose account images to help easily identify them
Managing your accounts
• Check the balances of your accounts and transfer between them instantly
• View account transaction history for up to three months
• Quick Balance to view up to three designated account balances without logging in or on your Apple Watch
• Set your default account for payments
• Pay off your home, personal or business loan faster with a one off payment
• Get real-time notifications about your account and other banking related activity
• View your ASB KiwiSaver Scheme account details
• Manage Clever Kash, ASB’s cashless moneybox
• ATM & Branch locator
• View Foreign Exchange rates
• Access ASB Help FAQs
• Reset your ASB Login Password
• Optional 5-digit Pin or biometrics access to login faster
• De-register your device
• Choose to stay logged in when switching between apps
To use the ASB Mobile app, you need to be registered for FastNet Classic (ASB internet banking). Please call 0800 MOB BANK (0800 662 226) to register. It’s free to use the ASB Mobile app, but your usual data costs and standard FastNet Classic transaction and service charges will apply.
Give us your feedback via the ASB Mobile app under the Contact Us menu
The ASB Mobile app supports iPad and Apple Watch. Please note that some functions may not work correctly if your device language is set for a language other than English. Some functions may not work correctly if your device region is set for a region other than New Zealand. We recommend you always update your device to the latest operating system. Downloading of this app is subject to the ASB Mobile Banking Terms & Conditions: www.asb.co.nz/termsandconditions.
We will automatically disable Touch ID/Face ID for ASB Mobile, if the biometrics stored on your device are changed.
ASB Mobile requires the below permissions on your device and will only access this information if you use one of the
- GPS location data: This is used for the Branch & ATM Finder map functionality
- Identify phone call status: This is used as we have a function allowing customers to call ASB from the app and to make sure the app works on incoming calls.
- Read contact data of all my personal contacts: We require this permission to enable users to select cell phone numbers and email addresses from their contact list for the Pay to Mobile/Email function.
- Allow notifications: This is used for sending push notifications
- Bluetooth: This is only used for Clever Kash (a cashless moneybox for kids)
- Storage permission: This is to allow you to share screen shots of payment confirmation pages if you wish.