Epic Word Adventure is an exciting mobile game designed to improve the vocabulary and reading levels of kids aged 6-13.
Epic Word Adventure makes video game time more valuable. It’s a low-stress way for kids to constantly expand their vocabulary while playing a fun mobile game they love. It covers vocabulary children encounter at school, in the books they read, and in the tests they take.
“The only mobile game children will be allowed to play seven days a week." - Professor Susan Neuman, Professor of Childhood and Literacy Education, NYU
“The level of vocabulary gets increasingly difficult as you play. The game is adaptive.” - Ted Briscoe, Professor of Computational Linguistics, University of Cambridge
Made by the game talent from Subway Surfers, Marvel Hero Tales, Club Penguin, and Toca Boca.
Meet Barksy - that’s you! Barksy is a word-hungry hound who scoots around Blabberville, learning words and using them in graffiti. Every time a child learns a new word, Barksy sprays it somewhere in the environment where it will live forever.
When kids learn words and complete missions, they earn Blabberbucks to spend on irresistible scooters and show-stopping Barksy skins in the game. And they unlock epic scooter tricks to give them bragging rights!
Learn and earn! Kids will make a strong link between words and getting ahead in life. And they’ll be having so much
fun that they won’t believe it’s educational.
INFO FOR PARENTS
* Receive detailed emails featuring types of words learned and the latest childhood literacy research
* No third-party ads, no in-app purchases
* Register up to four children per subscription
* Suitable for ages 6-13
* No social or external chat features
Epic Word Adventure is designed to rapidly advance the vocabulary of all learners of English. It teaches words that boost kids’ reading age and exam scores, as well as words that are inspirational, mind-expanding, and fun. These include:
* Analytical and cross-curricular words
* Words that appear frequently in major exams
* STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics) words
* Social-emotional words
* Descriptive words for creative writing
* Grammar and language learning words
Our pedagogical approach was developed in collaboration with literacy experts including Susan Neuman (Professor of Early Childhood and Literacy Education, NYU; former U.S. Assistant Secretary of Education) and Ted Briscoe (Professor of Computational Linguistics, University of Cambridge). It focuses on:
* Active, gamified learning - an educational game for kids based on game completion of levels, learning through play,
leveling up, and rewards
* Spaced repetition - words are introduced in spaced intervals, repeating the same word on average six times in order to guarantee retention
* Phonemic awareness - skills learned at school such as onset and rime and syllable blending, which helps support phonics learning
* Much more! Check out our Parent & Educator Guide for full details
Information about Epic Word Adventure Pro subscriptions:
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
- Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current subscription period. Automatic renewals will cost the same price you were originally charged for the subscription.
- You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings on the App Store after purchase.
|Epic Word Adventure: Kids Game|