Flip is a sample-based mobile music studio that was designed for a fast and intuitive work flow. Import your own sounds via AirDrop or the Files app, or record sounds directly with your device's microphone or a connected iOS interface. As soon as you record a sound it’s available to be played on drum pads as well as being mapped across a keyboard. Sounds can be subtly shaped or entirely transformed using the built-in effects and easy-to-use editing tools.
You can record a quantized or unquantized performance on the pads or keyboard. There is also a full piano roll where you can enter and edit notes and velocities.
Record knob movements or draw automation by hand to bring even more life to your sounds. Every automation lane can also have its own independent length, for polymetric and generative music possibilities.
Create up to 16 different sections for your song and drag and drop them into any order to create your arrangement.
Mixing and mastering tools allow you to finish a full track without ever leaving your phone. You can export your full track, or hit the tape icon and record the live output of the app while you tweak anything on the fly. Both options allow you to capture individual track stems as well!
A performance page lets you trigger your patterns live while controlling a global filter, assignable pitch bends and reverb sends, and a random fill generator.
Artist packs are available in-app at $3.99 or less, which include original sounds and projects from Andrew Huang, Cuckoo, Chuck Sutton, Kilamanzego, Pusher, and more on the way all the time.
- 9 track sampler
- 4 effects per track: Delay, Filter, Chorus, Bitcrush
- Graphic EQ per track
- Monophonic or up to 16-note polyphonic playback per sample
- Adjustable pitch, volume, playback direction, sample start and stop points
- 19 automatable parameters per track
- Independent lengths for each automation lane
- Automation can be recorded via knob movements or drawn by hand
- Drum pad and keyboard input
- Full piano roll with 10 octaves, note velocity, editing tools
- Randomization over sample selection for quick inspiration
- Randomization over note position to create surprising variations
- Drag-and-drop song arrangement page
- Global reverb with individual track sends
- Mixing and mastering tools
- Powerful performance features for creating instant fills, pitch shifts, reverb sends, and global low or high pass filtering
- Export full track and stems
- Live recording of performances
- Metronome with tap tempo and swing/shuffle
- Ableton Link integration for easy syncing with other devices over WiFi
- Share projects and sounds via AirDrop, email, etc.
- Undo and redo
The app everyone was dream about.I am selling my po-33 now, definitely The only thing is REALLY necessary in app, is ability to play sample Looped (like sampler in ableton) front and backwards , to avoid short loop getting cut, and be able to create Pads and so on.Thank so much guys, the lowest bow to ya.Its amazing!
2 Дек 2020 г.
Please add ABCD banks for samplers 9 pads
1 Дек 2020 г.
So I use splice and pick a different samples, arrange it in some project and save. Than when I return my samples got repitched and time stretched. And I didn’t ask for this. I tried to delete and replace them from my device but I can’t, because app sad me it’s already imported even if deleted...((( So I found two bugs with 20 min of work. Fix plz.
21 Дек 2020 г.
Amazing app, thanks to Andrew and his team for bringing it out! Love the mastering layer, really helps to tune my tunesCouple suggestions: ability to have more than 9 tracks, clearing automation is not intuitive, in fact I could not find how to do it, ability to put samples in a separate folder in samples browser and import them from a zip file containing wavs. Moreover, I would like tape recorder to continue recording after I hit stop, not tape stop in order to record cool tape breaks using performance layer. Also I found an issue that my project got completely messed up: each sample went to its starting settings, project tempo got messed up as well. It happened after an app crashed. I understand that launching an app without bugs is impossible so good luck for developers! Love it. It‘s like Koala and Auxy had a baby
7 Дек 2020 г.
When I’m trying to edit notes in piano roll app crashes every single/third tap on existing note :) iPhone 11 ios 14.2
4 Дек 2020 г.