Holon.ist gathers sensor data and sends it as MIDI and OSC to software and hardware instruments.
• Holonic Source integration for Ableton Live, Reaktor 6 Blocks, VCV Rack
• User defined postures
• Activity type
• Step rate
• Heart rate
• Accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer
• Local weather
• Distance, speed
• Solar/lunar tracking
• Atmospheric pressure
• Ableton Link support
• Apple Watch app
• Suunto Movesense support
• Compatible with InstrumentsOfThings 2.4Sink
• Embedded Pure Data
• Sensor data recording and playback
Some Holonic scenarios:
• Use non-volitional micromovements for subtle accents or rhythmical modulations.
• Pre-compose for motion with adaptive mappings, including learned postures.
• Use ancillary or accompanying gestures to augment your other instruments.
• Sonify local weather and astronomical events.
• Use activity types as mode switches, for example walking to automotive.
• Use biosignals musically for embodied cognition and biofeedback loops.
• Control lights, stage effects, and video rigs physiologically for fully immersive experiences.
• Use sensors to turn everyday objects into willing musical agents.
• Use your favourite Link-enabled apps at all times, synced and controlled by Holon.ist.
When used passively, Holon.ist leaves your hands free for your conventional instruments, or anything else. Try controlling timbre and effects with a Suunto Movesense on your head. Add another sensor on your foot for pedal action anywhere.
Holon.ist features a multiuser implementation of Ableton Link that allows collective sync of tempo for every device on the network.
Our online user manual can be found at: http://holon.ist/manual/