iHunter is the all in one hunting app for hunters in BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Colorado and Pennsylvania. The app is free to download and each province/state is free to try for 3 days. Purchase is required after 3 days to continue using that region.
Regulations updated annually once released by the province/state.
iHunter gives hunters a new view into their state or provinces hunting regulations. By overlaying the hunting zones on top of a range of different base maps, users can see their current location and which zone they are in. Dive deeper into specific regions to see which big game, predator, game bird and small game seasons are open. Add your own waypoints to keep track of hunting spots, past animal harvests, and landowner contact information.
Features (Most work offline):
• Includes season summary for the current year once it releases (works offline)
• View Hunting zones on top of your choice of map (boundaries display offline)
• 12 different base maps included, with 5 that can be cached for offline use
• Select hunting zone to view its summary of big-game, predator, game bird and small game seasons (works offline)
• Add waypoints to the map at your current location, known GPS locations, or where you tap on the map (works offline)
• Log in to back up and synchronize waypoints and preferences across devices
• Use the sunrise / sunset calculator to look up legal hunting light at your location or a waypoint location (works offline)
• Send your friends or family an email or text with your current location so they can easily find you (requires internet to send email)
• Display weather at your current location or at a waypoint location (requires internet to look up weather)
• Indian Reserve boundaries layer
• Import waypoints and tracks from .gpx files
In-App Purchases Available:
• iHunter Pro Tools: One week free trial. In-app purchase to add the iHunter Pro Tools (Track your position, speed and altitude, draw over the map, search the map, most recently viewed list, favorites list, add your own TMS and WMS map layers).
• Public Land Access Layer 1-year subscription (Alberta only): View Alberta's Agricultural Lease Land Boundaries,
including the leaseholder contact information and lease access restrictions for Farm Development Leases, Grazing Leases,
and Grazing reserves. Search these leases by lease number, leaseholder name, or access restriction text. Also view the
Alberta `Green Area’ boundary (portion of the province that is almost all public / crown land). Finally, view all the
Vacant Public Land lease boundaries, which include Pipeline Agreements, Easements, and Licenses of Occupation.
• Land Ownership Maps: 80+ land ownership overlays are available for Alberta and Saskatchewan. See where you are in relation to private and public lands nearby. Purchase of the AB or SK in-app purchase are required to view these maps.
Note: The iHunter Pro Tools location tracking feature uses the GPS on your device. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.