iNaturalist is a social network for sharing biodiversity information to help each other learn about nature. The primary goal is to connect people to nature, and the secondary goal is to generate scientifically valuable biodiversity data from these personal encounters.
iNaturalist helps you identify plants and animals with visually similar suggestions and verification by dedicated contributors. Get connected with a community of over a million scientists and naturalists who can help you learn more about nature! By recording and sharing your observations, you'll create research-quality data for scientists working to better understand and protect nature.
• Identification suggestions: Take or import a photo and view the top 10 most visually similar species matches and tap through to get more information. You can view these suggestions even before creating an account.
• Feedback from our community: Create an account to share your observations and start a conversation about what you saw. Can’t identify the organism? Start with a broad identification like “plants” or “fungi” so others with more expertise can find it and refine the identification.
• Keep a record of all living things: Build your life list by posting to iNaturalist. Where, when, and what you saw is the basis of each observation you create.
• Grounded in science: Every identification is connected to the tree of life, which means you can search for broad classifications like “Ferns” or “Fungi” as well as species-level identifications like “Humpback Whale” (and everything in between).
• Advancing science & conservation: Millions of observations created and identified by the iNaturalist community are shared with the Global Biodiversity Information Facility where they are used to advance scientific understanding of biodiversity through open data and open science.
• Enabling citizen science and community science: Join any of the tens of thousands of projects around the world on iNaturalist to draw attention to and collect data about particular species or places.
• Not-for-profit: iNaturalist is a joint initiative of the California Academy of Sciences and the National Geographic Society, both 501(c)3 nonprofits in the United States. iNaturalist is free for anyone to use thanks to the generous support of many organizations and individuals. Thank you!
• No hidden charges: This app is truly free because we believe nature is for everyone.
• Best for wild plants and animals: The iNaturalist community is better at identifying wild plants and animals than those in gardens or horticulture. Get outside and find what’s wild!
• Control how your location is shared: Set the privacy to obscured (only general location is shared) or private (no location is shared at all, but much harder for others to help identify). The locations of species at risk from disturbance are automatically obscured.
• More than a mobile app: iNaturalist has even more extensive features and tools for learning and exploration. Get the full experience at inaturalist.org!
• 35+ languages: iNaturalist has been translated into dozens of languages thanks to multilingual enthusiasts who want to see the community grow.
• A global network: iNaturalist is used in every country on earth! In many countries, we have formal agreements with local organizations to promote iNaturalist. Use this app for contributing to all iNaturalist Network sites, including Naturalista (Mexico and Colombia), iNaturalist.NZ (New Zealand), iNaturalist.ca (Canada), Biodiversity4All (Portugal), iNaturalistAU (Australia), iNaturalistPa (Panama), iNaturalistEc (Ecuador), ArgentiNat (Argentina), iNaturalistil (Israel), and iNaturalistFi (Suomi/Finland).
1 Сен 2020 г.
Can’t sign. HTTP error 503
30 Июл 2020 г.