The MyLines® app is a tool that assists actors in memorizing their lines. It presents the script in a way that shows the lines of the actor's role separate from those of the other roles. It helps to minimize the need to have a second person help with the lines. The MyLines app works with text-based scripts that are imported into the app through the website. PLEASE NOTE that PDFs and image-based scripts MUST be converted to TEXT in order to work with the MyLines app. Many scripts/shows are becoming available each day. Check http://stagepro.mylines.com/AvailableShows.aspx for the latest list of available shows.
In addition to viewing the script, MyLines allows you to hear the script using your device’s Text-to-Speech capability. You can hear your own lines, or your cue lines, or both. You may also record your lines yourself and play them back.
Go to http://www.mylines.com/Screens.aspx to see a sample of how a script is presented.
A tool to help actors learn lines and get off book
• Choose your role and all your lines are automatically highlighted.
• Works as a standalone app or in conjunction with the StagePro app for stage management.
• Hidden mode where all lines are visible except your own.
• Bookmark any line in the script for quick reference.
• Reads your script back using Text-to-Speech or your recorded voice.
• Specify number of cues before your line.
• Override default highlighting as necessary.
• ‘Role’ view presents the script in a way that your lines are separated from the other lines in the script.
• User can customize highlight colors, font sizes for role, dialog and stage directions.
• Instructions on website to create text-based scripts and import onto your device.
• First fifty lines of text imported into the app is free. After fifty lines, a one-time in-app purchase is required. The one-time in-app purchase is also required to use a public domain sample script from the website, or to use a script rented or purchased from a theatrical rights licensing organization.