Explore the colorful side of the English language and have hours of fun browsing this fascinating and informative volume.
The Oxford Dictionary of English Idioms takes a look at over 6,000 idiomatic phrases and sayings found in the English language. These include a range of recently established idioms such as: "the elephant in the corner," "go figure," "step up to the plate," "a walk in the park," and "win ugly."
Inside you'll also find a great number of cross-references, hundreds of illustrative quotations, both modern and
historical, to provide readers a clear idea of how the phrases can be used. Extra features offer fascinating additional
information for many entries, drawn from the latest findings of Oxford's language monitoring program. Many entries
include additional features which give more detailed background on the idiom in question.
LATEST APP UPDАТES:
• Learn in style with any of the four colorful new themes – the colorful layout will turn your learning experience into an enjoyable routine. Customize your dictionary and benefit from the cheerful mood your favorite color brings you.
• Dive right into the intricacies of the language - with a new and convenient Home page, sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches - you can now get to the desired entry faster than ever.
• Translate and learn as you speak with Talk & Translate – use this speech recognition & text-to-speech app by downloading it for Free from the App Store. The great synergy between the two apps will help you optimize your studies.
SEARCH TOOLS - quickly find words with the functional, clean and easy-to-use interface. Designed to provide the most
comprehensive search experience, the dictionary combines several search tools to match or predict what are you looking
• Search autocomplete helps you find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases.
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds.
• Voice search helps you find an entry using your speech.
• Automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ that corrects word spelling and a ‘Wild card’ that allows you to replace a letter or entire parts of a word with '*' or '?' when you don’t know how it`s spelled.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary. Designed to give you the freedom to
structure your studies, this dictionary combines several learning tools to help you be more organized:
• ‘Favorites’ that allow you to create custom folders with lists of words.
• Recent list which helps you to easily review looked-up words.
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
• Word-of-the-day option to teach you a new word every day.
Feel excited by the new word or definition you just learned? Share your discovery with friends on social media, email or any other option available on your device.
|Oxford English Idioms|
|Oxford Dictionary & Translator|
|Collins World Dictionary|
|Medical Acronyms and Symbols|
|Ultrasound Anesthesia Atlas|
|American Heritage Thesaurus|
|American Heritage Dictionary +|
|American Heritage Dict.|
|Clinician's Pocket Drug|
|Talk & Translate|
|Nurse’s Pocket Drug Guide 2015|
|Oxford Urdu Dictionary 2018|
|Oxford Spanish Dictionary 2018|
|Oxford German Dictionary 2018|
|Oxford Chinese Dictionary 2018|
|Oxford Russian Dictionary 2018|
|Oxford Italian Dictionary 2018|
|Oxford French Dictionary 2018|
|Oxford Dictionary of English|
|Oxford Essential Portuguese|