This accessible guide is a perfect source of reference for all those with an interest in finance. Invaluable for students and professionals in the fields of finance and banking, it is also ideal for private investors and readers of the financial pages alike.
Over 150 new entries have been added to this comprehensive new edition. They define terms from all aspects of personal and international finance, including money markets, private investments and borrowing, central banking, foreign exchanges, monetary policy, and public and government finance. International coverage is expanded to reflect the on-going globalization of financial markets and the growing importance of development finance, with new entries such as "village banking," "Islamic Development Bank," and "M-Pesa."
Feature entries have been included for more precise explanation of topis and complex areas, e.g. Financial Times Share Indexes, and Bankruptcy Law. Recommended up-to-date web links for many entries provide valuable and accurate extra information. With clear and accessible definitions, this jargon-free dictionary is a companion volume to the other financial titles in this best-selling series: A Dictionary of Business and Management, A Dictionary of Accounting, and A Dictionary of Economics (all available on the Oxford Reference website).
LATEST APP UPDАТES:
• Learn in style with any of the four colorful new themes – the colorful layout will turn your learning experience into an enjoyable routine. Customize your dictionary and benefit from the cheerful mood your favorite color brings you.
• Dive right into the intricacies of the language - with a new and convenient Home page, sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches - you can now get to the desired entry faster than ever.
• Translate and learn as you speak with Talk & Translate – use this speech recognition & text-to-speech app by downloading it for Free from the App Store. The great synergy between the two apps will help you optimize your studies.
SEARCH TOOLS - quickly find words with the functional, clean and easy-to-use interface. Designed to provide the most
comprehensive search experience, the dictionary combines several search tools to match or predict what are you looking
• Search autocomplete helps you find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases.
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds.
• Voice search helps you find an entry using your speech.
• Automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ that corrects word spelling and a ‘Wild card’ that allows you to replace a letter or entire parts of a word with '*' or '?' when you don’t know how it`s spelled.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary. Designed to give you the freedom to
structure your studies, this dictionary combines several learning tools to help you be more organized:
• ‘Favorites’ that allow you to create custom folders with lists of words.
• Recent list which helps you to easily review looked-up words.
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
• Word-of-the-day option to teach you a new word every day.
Feel excited by the new word or definition you just learned? Share your discovery with friends on social media, email or any other option available on your device.
|Oxford Finance and Banking|
|Oxford Dictionary & Translator|
|Collins World Dictionary|
|Medical Acronyms and Symbols|
|Ultrasound Anesthesia Atlas|
|American Heritage Thesaurus|
|American Heritage Dictionary +|
|American Heritage Dict.|
|Clinician's Pocket Drug|
|Nurse’s Pocket Drug Guide 2015|
|Talk & Translate|
|Oxford Urdu Dictionary 2018|
|Oxford Spanish Dictionary 2018|
|Oxford Chinese Dictionary 2018|
|Oxford German Dictionary 2018|
|Oxford Italian Dictionary 2018|
|Oxford Russian Dictionary 2018|
|Oxford French Dictionary 2018|
|Oxford Dictionary of English|
|Oxford Essential Portuguese|