POIViewer is a POI management tool with a lot of features.
POIViewer can load, manage and display POIs (Points of Interest) on maps.
Places, waypoints, placemarks can be imported and exported, show as pin or configurable icon on maps.
This universal app is very fast even with thousands points, making it the perfect complement to existing apps for navigation or route planning.
And if you really have a lot (>10000), you can selectively show/hide groups of POI on the map.
A few reviews from App stores (thank you):
***** Very good as usual - Working since years with this jewel: keep up the wonderful job.
***** Nearby POIs - Great enhancement!
***** This is the best poi app so far //Bosse.
***** Sehr praktische App und toller Support (Very handy app and great support)
***** At last my poi back
POI import from:
• Supported POI Files: .csv (Garmin), .ov2 (Tomtom), .zip, .asc., .gpx (only places can be imported), KML/KMZ (only places can be imported), GPI (including icons, images, mp3)
• A moveable marker on the map
• Your current location
• Foursquare places
• Wikipedia geotagged articles
• The POI search results
• Your contacts
POIViewer does not provide navigation,
but it can launch your favorite GPS app:
• Tomtom GO
• Apple Maps
• Google Maps
• Garmin StreetPilot
• CoPilot GPS
• IGO (the new iGO navigation is not well supported, due to a bug in IGO, write them an email)
• Where To?
Maps provider (online only):
• Apple Maps
• Bing Maps
POI files can be imported via:
• Email, Safari, Airdrop, etc (via iOS "Open In...")
• iTunes file sharing
• Cloud Providers on iOS 8 (iCloud Drive, Google Drive, Dropbox, ...)
• The integrated web browser
• POI title and comment can be edited.
• POI coordinate can be displayed in various format (decimal, degrees, what3words.com) and edited in decimal.
• HTML comment from KML file can be viewed.
• POI are organized into lists. You can copy/move POI from one list to another.
For each POI, you can view:
• Nearby POIs
• Google Streetview
• Photos (provided by Google Places, Wikimedia Commons, flickr and your photo library)
• Foursquare places and tips
• Wikipedia articles
• Monitor nearby POI while you move (for geocaching or other alerts).
• Pin icon can be modified per list or per POI.
• Pin icon can be imported via iTunes (zip files supported).
• Pin icon can be pasted into the pin library.
• Pin icon can be imported from the internet with the integrated browser.
• Places and list can exported in KMZ or KML format.
• Exported KMZ can be sent by email
• Exported KMZ/KML can be sent to PC/Mac via iTunes File Sharing
• Exported KMZ/KML can be opened on the iPad/iPhone with apps such as Goodreader, Dropbox app, or Google Earth (KML only).
• In order to launch POIViewer from an external launcher, use the URL scheme: poiviewer://.
• Navigate to coordinates using poiviewer://navigate?lat=lat&lon=lon&name=name
• Navigate to what3words address using poiviewer://navigate?3wa=three.words.address
• Display a POI using POIViewer://show?lat=lat&lon=lon
• or poiviewer://show?3wa=three.words.address
• Import a POI into POIViewer using poiviewer://import?lat=lat&lon=lon &name=name
You can now customize the notification sound by copying a file named alert.wav in the Documents directory.
Visit our web site for more details.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The use of this monitoring feature to provide speed camera detection might be forbidden in some country.