Integration between macOS and Arduino has never been so easy. No registration, no cloud. Everything under your control.
Also ready for ESP32, ESP32 with Micropython, Raspberry Pico, Zero, MKR1000, Nano 33 IoT and Teensy.
Arduino Manager is an app to control the Arduino board and receive information from it through:
- Ethernet Shield (arduino.cc)
- HM-10 / HM19
* WINC1500 WiFi
* CC3000 WiFi
* nRF52 BLE
* nRF8001 Bluefruit LE
* LE SPI Friend
* Serial via USB
The app shows a grid and tapping on it you can insert specialized widgets to send and receive information from
Arduino. For a better visualization or control, each widget can be zoomed by the means of a double tap on it;
tap on Configure for configuring the widget itself.
Some widgets are:
- Display Widget: shows values coming from your Arduino (i.e. Temperature). It can show numbers with 0,1,2,3 decimal
digits or rolling text
- LED Widget: shows a LED that can be turned on and off through digital values from Arduino
- Switch Widget: sets a digital value to Arduino
- Switch & LED Widget: a combination of the two previous widgets to save space when they are used together with the same variable
- Push Button Widget: temporarily sets a digital value to Arduino
- Knob Widget: sets a non-digital value to Arduino
- SD Widget: shows the list of files in the root of SD Card and selecting a file it shows the content
- Graph Widget: graphs values in (almost) real time coming from your Arduino (e.g. instantaneous temperature)
- Logged Data Graph Widget: graphs up to 5 values logged onto the SD Card attached to Arduino. Libraries have helping functions to log data onto the SD Card
- Alarm Widget: configures an alarm on the Arduino board which is then fired at the desired time. The alarm is fired even if the macOS computer is not connected and retained across power off - power on cycles
- Command Widget: allows to send a command (text message) to Arduino once the yellow button is tapped. You can add more Command Widgets to send different commands
- Rover Controller Widget: allows driving a rover robot just rotating the device
- Sound Alarm Widget: sounds an alarm each time the associated condition is verified
- Threshold Widget: allows setting a threshold to the Arduino board (e.g. the room temperature under which the board has to start an heater)
- Console Widget: helps the user to debug the Arduino code, receiving and displaying debugging messages
Other widgets are available, please see support site.
Each widget is associated with a name and a variable (i.e. name: Temperature, variable: T). The variable is either
written or read by the sketch running on the board allowing the macOS app receiving information from Arduino or
The app can be easily connected to more boards, each page of widgets can connects to a different board at the same time.
User can easily manage different lists of widgets and switch among them in order to control different projects.
Any widget list can be shared between own devices via iCloud and/or other users via an email message.
Many Arduino libraries are available to easily integrate your own projects with Arduino Manager. Libraries, related
documentation, demo sketches and a video tutorial are available
for free from my site.
Available In-App purchases:
- Code Generator: allows to generate the communication infrastructure between the Arduino board and macOS computer
and the code for each chosen widget in order to simplify the programming effort
on Arduino board.
- PIN Code Generator: allows the user to associate a pin to each Widget and generate the code to manage that pin. In most cases this avoid writing any code
- Voice Commands: You can now control most of the AM features by mean of voice commands (in English only). It also unlocks Voice Commands Widget
Continuous use of background location can decrease battery life.